Tuesday, November 30, 2021

Insufficient fabric can't stop me

 I thrifted a fabulous very 1980s/early 90s bit of pastel map print cotton knit a few years ago, not much more than a half yard.  I finally decided to see if I could convince it to work to make a shirt.

It needed assistance.

I used Stretch & Sew F832 again, this time in a size 30, which I actually took the time to trace off. 

This is as long as I could cut the bodice, which is slightly past waist length.  I cut the waistband at an unmeasured length and eyeballed the lower sleeve, after pivoting the upper sleeve to make it bell shaped (and also as long as possible with what was left of the fabric after cutting the front and back)

Double stitching at the shoulder seams, edge stitching around the collar band

This is a directional print, and the back is reversed from the front

I am incapable of saying which direction is right-side up.  The multiple South Americas don't help.


No comments:

Post a Comment