Wednesday, August 28, 2024

Another Doll Kimono to Wear to the State Fair

 I was planning to make one big post of doll sewing I've done in the last few weeks, but some of it is for dolls in a video I'm still editing, so I thought I'd go ahead and share this one: another kimono made with the pattern and instructions in Dolly*Dolly vol 24

The kimono fabric is left over from the fruit shirt I had issues with (and fixed!) last year.  The obi is the last bits of a fabric I bought and used a lot when I sold doll clothes on Etsy, and it always made me think of highly stylized pies, so it seemed appropriate to use with the fruit print.

I have seen scans of another Japanese doll sewing publication that has the obijime and other obi decorations sewn directly to the piece, so I tried that this time.  I forgot to compensate for the back overlap, and the obijime knot ended up off center.  I'm still learning. (I also very belatedly realized that all of the obijime I've put on the doll kimono I've made using Dolly*Dolly vol 24...have been purple.)

I have another doll kimono cut out, but haven't felt like sewing it yet--my friend has invited me to go to the craft re-use thrift store this weekend, so I'm back in that mode where I just want to find things to donate (which is considerably more challenging now, after destashing so very much to the craft re-use thrift store last year.)


No comments:

Post a Comment