Tuesday, July 23, 2024

Batty Alteration

Early last year, I made a shirt from the bat print that I used in the patchwork cardigan.  Although I declared the shirt Fine in the original post, it turned out not to be so good.

The big issue was that the neckband was cut too long, and it didn't snug the neckline up so it laid nice.  Because of that, I stopped wearing the shirt--sadly, because I do like the print.

Handling it in the patchwork project made me decide to revisit that shirt's neckband.  I initially thought I'd carefully pick out the stitching and make the existing band shorter before sewing it back in, but I decided I'd rather play it safe and use a proper rib knit.

I buckled down and clipped through the stitching, the top stitching, and the serging, which took much longer than getting the new neckband cut (limited by the width of the rib knit I had), sewn into a loop, mark all the centers, and sewn in place, with top serging and top stitching.

I will say, I hadn't realized it was...so short

And when I found the original post about making it, I see that it originally was not.  I shall have to hand-wash the patchwork cardigan and let it air dry.  This shirt will still work fine for layers.


No comments:

Post a Comment