Friday, November 18, 2022

Carbuncle Continues

 The kiddo still adores Puyo Puyo Carbuncle (the older, unstarred version), as featured on half of the split shirt I made for him a few months ago.  About a week ago, I impulsively started sculpting a little Carby from Aves Apoxie epoxy putty, which is a drawn-out process because I have to let the putty cure between steps (and some of those steps are [ugh] sanding), and also I am not strong at sculpting, so I have no idea how long that will take to finish.

This, though, took about an hour (minus glue drying time)

And, yes, that is hand stitching.  I love my kid enough for hand stitching (a little bit.)

I probably should have tried to figure out how to stitch on the pompoms, but I went with glue instead. E6000 doesn't seem to want to stick to so much polyester, but I think everything's firmly in place now that it's drying.


And the pompom tail works as a tripod with the feet so he can stand.

(When I gave this Carbuncle to the kiddo, he was very confused because he thought it was the Carbuncle I'm sculpting, and he was wondering, without wanting to seem rude, how it got so inaccurate.  He absolutely had not expected me to make another Carbuncle.  I won't mention to him my plan to maybe make a larger, fluffier version, constructed like a proper plush, from what I still have of the high pile felt I used for the collar on this coat.  That one, at least, should be obviously not the sculpted version.  I hope.)

No comments:

Post a Comment