I took the finished photos of this on July 29, and shared some of them on social medial but apparently completely forgot to record them here
Basically, I took the "add the peter pan collar to the cut-on sleeve pullover dress" idea that I tested here, made it from a less graphically-bold print, and added appliqué
It is very silly.
The main fabric is left over from the last Gunne Sax style dress I made, and the plans for making this one are why I didn't want to re-cut any fabric to make up for my dubious decisions about the zipper.
The chicken print was chosen from the craft thrift store specifically with the idea of using chickens as appliqué motifs. There are still many chickens left, already prepped with Heat'n'Bond on the back. The floral motifs are from a chintz I got from he craft thrift store four years ago, and there are a few of those left over with fusible webbing applied, too. I used the largest of my new circle dies to cut out the white print circles, also with fusible webbing on the back.
I zigzagged over all of the edges after fusing everything in place. It's not a super dense satin stitch, but it should work to keep the edges tidy...not that my edge tracing stitching was super tidy, but it's good enough for a respectful viewing distance.
I sewed the bodice front to the skirt, then bodice back to the skirt, then did the appliqué before sewing the front to the back. I had thought of sewing appliqués over the side seams, after sewing them, but decided, eh, no.
This dress does have pockets, but I feel like pocket photos are maybe not so necessary.
I limited the back appliqué to a single hen and her flower and dot.
I attempted to apply it low enough that it doesn't make people think CHICKEN BUTT...however, if they do anyway? Not my problem.
Of course it has pockets.
This dress is very silly.








No comments:
Post a Comment