Tuesday, April 30, 2024

Oh, look: more doll clothes

 I rerooted a doll, but felt like the clothes I had that fit her didn't suit her.  Time to sew something!

 

 which also included sewing five more dresses with the same pattern

and it also included checking my files and discovering I don't seem to have used this pattern since early 2008.  I created it for Blythe dolls


and it fits a lot of other doll bodies, vintage and modern






There are small issues with the pattern that I'm not sure if I noticed 16 years ago.  I think I'll not only fix those, but I might create a sharable version of the pattern, with normal ¼"/6mm seam allowances (instead of the original "whatever it is when the needle is moved all the way to the right with a zigzag foot" and the current "just past the edge of the narrow prong on a straight stitch foot" seam allowances.)

I might even go beyond simply sharing the patterns into designing an entire booklet--dare I say, a zine--with the pattern and detailed instructions and thoughts on fabric choice and print mixing, with photos of the clothes on dolls rendered in black and white half tone screens, surrounded by vintage clip art.  It at least sounds like fun, at the moment, but I do acknowledge it will be a decent amount of work, too, which is why the idea is still vague.  But it is an idea.



No comments:

Post a Comment