Friday, October 18, 2019

StripePants

And another KwikSew 2544, this time using some incredibly soft brushed twill that the destashing-for-relative person brought




 It is just as top-stitched as the previous pair of pants, but the heavy purple thread does not contrast enough to be highly visible--I'm not sure if any thread would contrast enough to be highly visible with this cloth




Those stripes are woven!

By the time I was finished with this project, I was starting to wonder if it wasn't intended to be interior decorating fabric.  This should be a sturdy pair of pants, especially at the knees

While it's true that view A of this pattern includes the knee patches
that are applied patches

and

see

the fabric I used?

was a remnant left over from some other project

and while there was technically enough square yardage for the entire project, there wasn't enough linear yardage.  So.  The knee patches turned into a way to cut the fronts of the legs from a too-short length.

And while I could have merely sewn the patches in as extensions and left it at that, I did like the idea of reinforcing the knees, and there was plenty of fabric left, so I cut another set of patch pieces, on the straight of the grain instead of crosswise, to use on the inside.  I also added a layer of knit, with the idea that I would quilt the knee patches, but the knit didn't have enough loft, so I kept it to edge stitching and top stitching along the tops and bottoms of each knee patch, through all layers.  Everything was attached to the proper leg pieces using the sandwich method, because you know I'm not going to carefully iron things and hand sew other things the traditional ways.

 My machine handled it nicely (it didn't have many areas of issue when making the previous denim pants, either, which was nice.)


 The back waistband is the same as always


 as are the pockets

 and hems

 I did press the faux fly area, but, pfft, not these hems.


 Yeah, the camera didn't want to focus on these, so, like...don't look too long at this last picture...

No comments:

Post a Comment